(Extended Date) The 17th Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking (BMEB) International Conference and Call for Papers
THE 17TH BULLETIN OF MONETARY ECONOMICS AND BANKING (BMEB) INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE AND CALL FOR PAPERS
September 16, 2023
(Hybrid Mode - Online and In Person), Bengkulu, Indonesia
Website: https://www.bmeb-bi.org/index.php/BEMP/index and https://bulletin.bmeb-bi.org
Registration and Submission: https://submit.confbay.com/conf/bmeb2023
The region’s premier institution, Bank Indonesia Institute – Bank Indonesia, is pleased to host the 17th Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking (BMEB) International Conference and Call for Papers on “Synergy and Innovations in Strengthening Resilience and Economic Revival” in collaboration with the Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA). Synergy and innovation have a positive impact on economic resilience and economic growth by improving the efficiency and productivity of the economy, creating new industries and markets, and helping the economy to adapt to changing conditions. This call for paper encourages papers that (a) evaluate and discuss the synergy between economic policies (monetary and fiscal), (b) examine the challenges in economic revival including efficiency and competitiveness, (c) analyze the influence and impact of industry downstreaming and their contribution to economic growth, and (d) oversee the influence and impact of digitalization of transactions and payments on the acceleration to the Indonesian economy
The BMEB is an international peer-reviewed journal. The BMEB focuses on a broad range of topics covering monetary economics and policy, finance and banking, macro-prudential policy, payment systems, financial stability, financial markets, and structural reform that are of regional and global relevance. The BMEB’s scope is global and the journal endeavours to publish high quality research that makes a contribution to the literature and/or has an impact on policy making. In this regard, the BMEB welcomes research papers from both central bank and non-central bank economists, academics, and policy makers regardless of their institutional affiliation and geographic location. Since 2019, the BMEB has been indexed in Scopus, listed in Australia Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List, and included in SINTA-1 Accreditation by the Ministry of Research and Higher Education – The Republic of Indonesia.
SCOPE OF CALL FOR PAPERS
Empirical, theoretical, and modelling (including dynamic stochastic general equilibrium modelling) papers on (but not limited to) the following topics are welcomed:
- Effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policy coordination during economic crises.
- The role of policy mix in promoting sustainable economic development
- The role of policy mix in light of climate change and rising energy prices
- The effectiveness of monetary and fiscal policy coordination in light of rising energy prices
- The impact of the digital economy on economic growth and development
- Digital currency's and digital financial services impacts on monetary and fiscal policy coordination
- The impact of blockchain technology and its potential for disrupting traditional industries
- The role of downstream industries in promoting export and economic growth
- A comparative analysis of downstream industries in emerging and developed economies
- The effect of supply chain disruptions on downstream industries and their impact on the economy
- The role of downstream industries in circular economy and its impact on the environment and economy
The 17th Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking International Conference and Call for Papers is planned to be officially opened by the Governor Bank Indonesia, Dr. Perry Warjiyo on September 16, 2023 in Bengkulu, Indonesia with hybrid mode (online and in person), who will also deliver his keynote address. The plenary speakers will be announced soon. The plenary sessions will be moderated by Professor Paresh Narayan, Monash University and President of APAEA.
|July 14, 2023||Due date for paper submission (extended date)|
|August 7, 2023||Scientific Committee Decision|
|August 14, 2023||Author acceptance of Term of Conditions|
|August 28, 2023||Registration Date|
|September 16, 2023||Plenary Sessions, followed by Parallel Sessions|
- Authors from Indonesia are invited to submit their research papers (IN ENGLISH) with(at least) 3 JEL CLASSIFICATIONS, in word version to https://submit.confbay.com/conf/bmeb2023 or email: email@example.com
- Authors from other countries are invited to submit their research papers (IN ENGLISH) with(at least) 3 JEL CLASSIFICATIONS, in word version, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Important announcement will be posted on https://submit.confbay.com/conf/bmeb2023; https://www.bmeb-bi.org/index.php/BEMP; and https://bulletin.bmeb-bi.org
- Submissions of full paper should be in English and be accompanied by an abstract.
- All invited papers will be presented at the parallel sessions and each paper will have an assigned discussant. Each presenter will have 15-20 minutes to present his/her paper; a discussant will discuss the paper for 5-7 minutes; and 3 minutes will be allotted for additional questions & answers.
- After regular double blind peer-review process, the invited papers will be considered for publication in the Bulletin of Monetary Economics and Banking (BMEB) regular and Special Issues, or a Special Issue of any of the following BMEB ‘s partner journals: (1) Emerging Markets Finance and Trades, and (2) Studies in Economics Finance. All are Scopus indexed journal. Details regarding journal submission will be conveyed after the conference.
- Two best papers will be selected and rewarded Rp. 10.000.000 each.
- Tobing, Lutzardo (Bank Indonesia Institute) — Co-Chair
- Pambudi, Sudiro (Bank Indonesia Institute) — Co-Chair
- Kathon, Jimmy (Bank Indonesia Institute) — Co-Chair
- P, Prabheesh (APAEA, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, India) — Co-Chair
- Rizvi, Aun (APAEA, Lahore University of Management Science, Pakistan) — Co-Chair
- Hermawan, Danny (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Fauzan (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Wibowo, Kunto Hari (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Oktaviningsih, Satyani (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Fikry, Mohammad Aly (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Hartati, Ragil Pri (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Pratiwi, Intan (Bank Indonesia Institute)
- Asia Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA)
- The Association of Indonesian Economists (ISEI)